Cork Local Authorities shortlisted in Excellence in Local Government Awards 2017
Cork Chamber is delighted to see the successful shortlisting of Cork City and County Council’s across a range of categories in advance of the Excellence in Local Government Awards 2017 due to be held this coming November. The shortlist announced by Chambers Ireland sees a total of twenty three Local Authorities being listed over sixteen categories ranging from Active Communities to Local Authority Innovation.
Safeguarding Bilateral Trade with Germany
'Brexit Beyond the Border' series
In the latest edition of ‘Brexit Beyond the Border’, we spoke to Mr. Josef Reichhardt, Deputy Head of the Embassy of Germany in Ireland.
Minister Counsellor Reichhardt shared the German outlook on Brexit and emphasised the need to protect the solid trade partnership between Ireland and Germany.
Click here to read the latest edition.
Wild Work Initiative
Helping business help nature in Cork
The South East Cork Area Development (SECAD) have introduced a new initiative – 'Wild Work', aimed at promoting integration with Nature.
SECAD are calling on the Cork business community to get involved with Wild Work. To find out more about the initiative and how to get involved, take a look at the following video.
Chambers Ireland European Economic Survey 2018
Identify the main challenges for business in the coming year.
Chambers Ireland, in conjunction with Eurochambres, has launched the European Economic Survey for 2018. This is the 25th edition of this annual Eurochambres assessment of the European business community’s expectations for the year ahead. The target audience of this survey is businesses and chamber members all around the county.
The results of this survey will be used to help us to identify the main challenges for business in the coming year. This survey should take no more than 3-5 minutes to complete and the deadline for completion is the 29th September 2017. Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are required. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Emma at Chambers Ireland by email
Complete the survey here.
Certificate in Training Delivery & Evaluation (QQI Level 6)
Starts 17th August next - €565 for Chamber Members!
- Set clear and specific training objectives for their programmes.
- Explain the principles of group dynamics in a training environment.
- Discuss the specific issues of equality, diversity and disability regarding training access and delivery in the context of current legislation.
- Assess a range of models, techniques and approaches to evaluate training programmes effectively.
- Produce an evaluation report for a training programme, highlighting the areas of success and the opportunities for improvement.
The Certificate in Training Delivery and Evaluation programme will provide training delivery personnel with the tools and techniques required to effectively deliver, assess and evaluate their training programmes.
Digital Marketing QQI Level 5
28th August - €800 for Chamber Members!
Our comprehensive 6 day course will take attendees through the most important aspects of running a Digital Marketing campaign, from developing a strategy, to creating content and delivering it in the most accessible way. Our trainers will demonstrate good and bad content, with real world examples of what works and common pitfalls to avoid.
This course is for a QQI Level 5 certification.
Secure your place here!
Be Better @ HR - Recruitment & Selection
August 24th 1pm-4pm - €50 for Chamber Members
This course is designed to ensure that any individual with recruitment duties is well versed on the correct procedure associated with the recruitment process.
- Prepare relevant and pertinent interview questions
- Correctly evaluate the right person for the job
- Assess and score candidates performance in interviews
- Ensuring the recruitment process is completed in line with legislative requirements and best practice
Secure your place here!
Thursday Morning Throw-In
September Business Breakfast in association with the Irish Examiner
Date: Thursday 14th September
Time: 7.30am – 9.00am
Venue: Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Where Legends are Born
Cost: €25 members/ €50 non-members
Cork Chamber is proud to bring you Thursday Morning Throw-In, the September Business Breakfast which will be held in the brand spanking new Conference Centre at Pairc Ui Chaoimh, in association with the Irish Examiner.
Tread in the footsteps of countless sporting heroes of the past and see the stunning transformation of Pairc Ui Chaoimh where legends truly are born and the legacy continues.
We will have an exciting panel of speakers lined up for you on the morning and we guarantee you will start your day inspired and empowered!
BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment…
Lunch on board the Brittany Ferries Pont-Aven
Date: Saturday 9th September
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Venue: Pont Aven, Ringaskiddy Port
Cost: Members: €60 plus VAT Non-members: €65 plus VAT
They say you should never mix business with pleasure but there are exceptions to every rule! Book your place today for our extremely popular luncheon aboard the Brittany Ferries flagship vessel Pont-Aven held in association with the France Ireland Chamber of Commerce. This event offers fantastic networking opportunities for companies that already have business interests in France or those who are considering working in France in the future.
The relaxed atmosphere, unique venue and sumptuous luncheon means this event is also ideal for an afternoon spent entertaining anyone with an appreciation for French food and wine, be that colleagues and clients or family and friends. All welcome!
For full details and to book your place click here - tu le mérites!
Tee-Time is of the essence!
Cork Chamber Annual Golf Classic 2017 in association with City Life
Date: Thursday 7th September
Time: 7:00am – 2:30pm
Venue: Cork Golf Club
Cost: €400 per team of four
There are very limited tee times available for the 2017 Annual Golf Classic so book now to avoid disappointment! The fourball scramble event will this year be held in the stunning surrounds of Cork Golf Club, in association with our new sponsors City Life who have been offering financial planning and portfolio advice in Cork for almost 50 years.
With a world-class venue, top-notch prizes and a chance to win a brand new car in our charity Hole-in-One Competition, supported by Jaguar at Johnson & Perrott, this is an unmissable day out for golf enthusiasts!
Click here to book your team’s place today!
Pizza at the Pleasuredome
Business After Hours at the Voxpro Garden
Date: Thursday 31st August
Time: 5.30pm – 7pm
Venue: Voxpro, Mahon
Cost: FREE for members
Cork Chamber invite you to “boogie on down” to the grooviest pizza party in town for our August Pizza Party in the Voxpro Pleasuredome. The brand new Pleasuredome is an open cabin built around a unique rotating disco ball shaped oven - just one of the funky features of Voxpro’s employee garden “Voxgro” which is also home to a thriving greenhouse, rescue chickens and giant beanbags! This one of a kind garden is usually only open to employees so don’t miss your chance to try the handmade pizza and see the garden for yourself while connecting with other members.
For full details and to book your place click here!
Highlights from Feelgood Friday
The July Feelgood Friday took place on July 28th and was a massive success.Traders in the Victorian Quarter of Cork City stepped outside their premises offering a taste of what the street has to offer, with fresh lemonade,pizza, burgers and other delicious treats enjoyed on the evening. Many other businesses across the city supported this initiative with wonderful offers on the day including an outdoor yoga class on Emmet Place. The next Feelgood Friday will take place August 25th, if you would like to create an offer for the next Feelgood Friday contact Deborah for more details.
Check out some highlights form the last Feelgood Friday in the video below!
Feelgood Friday is an exciting initiative led by Cork Chamber, Cork Business Association and Cork City Council, which encourages retailers and business to come together to host a series of free events on the last Friday of every month.
- Film In Cork and LEO South Cork six week ‘Start Your Own Business Programme’ starts this September - read more
- Cope Foundation's August Golf Classic to raise much-needed funds for respite services - read more
- Investment is Needed to Address Competitiveness and Cost of Living - read more
- Holy Smoke BBQ Restaurant Brings in the Second Taste of Cork to Satisfy Overwhelming Demand - read more
- Over 40 buildings ready to be explored for Cork Heritage Open Day - read more
- HEINEKEN Ireland announces urban greening community initiative - read more - read more
- Winner of the Marymount Draw for a new Toyota Auris - read more
- TG4 Tourism Series looking to showcase the best of what Ireland has to offer its tourists - read more
- BioMarin Expands with 45 New Jobs at Ringaskiddy Manufacturing Plant - read more
Share your press releases to our website through our Member Information Centre (MIC). If you have forgotten your login details contact us and we can reset them for you!
Latest Member Offers
- Griffith College Cork: grant of 10% off Tuition Fees - read more
- DeepRed Productions: 20% discount on a promotional video - read more
Do business with fellow Cork Chamber members through sharing an offer. Offers can be submitted through the Member Information Centre (MIC) and all current offers are displayed on our website.
Upcoming Member Events
- Crawford Art Gallery: Danny McCarthy: Beyond Silence, until August 12th - read more
- The Everyman: Dancing at Lughnasa, 2nd - 26th August - read more
- Mercer:Trustee Training Course, August 15th - read more
- Brighter Communities Worldwide: Mountain Challenge 2017 August 19th - read more
- Griffith College Cork: Open Evening, 23rd August - read more
- CUH Charity & Bishopstown GAA invite you to sign up for Wheel4Life 2017 this summer, 27th August - read more
- Holy Smoke BBQ restaurant: Taste of Cork | Unique BBQ Food & Craft Beer Tasting Experience, 29th August - read more
- Enable Ireland: Men's Golf Classic, August 31st - read more
- New Links Training Solutions: Conflict Management QQI Level 6, September 6th - read more
- New Minds Digital Marketing College: Become a Digital Marketing Expert and Get Certified in just 10 weeks starts - read more
- EURES Brussels Employment Fair, September 28th - read more
- Brighter Communities Worldwide: Kenya Ball 2017, October 14th - read more
Promote an upcoming event through our Interactive Member Information Centre, all upcoming member events are listed on our website