The journey to create a more modern, vibrant and healthier Cork city of the future begins tomorrow afternoon, as private cars and trucks will be re-routed away from St Patrick’s Street between 3.00pm and 6.30pm
A three month 'Island of Discovery' marketing campaign has been launched to coincide with the re-introduction of the afternoon bus priority corridor on St Patrick's Street. In addition, a range of measures to improve and encourage access to our city centre have been introduced:
- A network of 26 free 15-minute set down parking spaces along South Mall, Grand Parade, Parnell Place, Drawbridge & Cornmarket Street to facilitate shoppers and visitors.
- Half price parking will be offered at Paul Street and North Main Street Car Parks from 1pm to 6.30pm every day.
- Extension of the opening hours of the City’s BlackAsh Park & Ride service to 7am - 8pm.
- The BlackAsh Park & Ride will be free of charge from 12 noon Monday to Saturday.
- Extension of the BlackAsh Park & Ride service into the city centre with additional stops at Eglinton Street, Merchants Quay, St. Patrick’s Street, Grand Parade, South Mall and Angelsea Street.
- Reduced bus fares will be available from 9th August. With your Leap Card, you can travel for as little as one euro across the city zone
- Passengers on the northbound 203 and 215 buses will also be stopping on St. Patrick’s Street for the first time.
Find out more information here