Welcome to the Connecting Cork Newsletter
Connecting Cork has committed to putting forward the regional case for IFS investment in Cork within the framework of the government’s national IFS 2020 strategy and over the last few months, members of our Financial Services (FS) Forum have been meeting with key government and state bodies, as well as industry contacts and FS professionals, in Ireland, London and in the USA. This newsletter will give you a flavour of the Financial Services sector in Cork as well as an overview of some of the latest business news stories from other sectors in Cork. Our 'Cork for IFS' video is above and can be viewed on the Connecting Cork website and our brochure is available to download here. Please feel free to forward this information to your contacts and help us to communicate via LinkedIn and Twitter (follow @connectingcork).
Connecting Cork activities so far in 2017 have included:
- Participation in the European Financial Forum in Dublin Castle in January
- Briefing meeting with Ambassador Dan Mulhall in London
- Connecting Cork sponsorship of Irish Funds events in Boston and New York in March
- Briefing meetings with Consuls General Fionnuala Quinlan (Boston) and Barbara Jones (New York)
- Connecting Cork dinner organised in Dublin with legal firms, administrators and representatives of the Big Four servicing the financial services sector
- Presentation made on Connecting Cork's regional strategy at the Irish government's IFS Brexit Sectorial Dialogue in Dublin Castle
See the 'Read More' link below for the photo gallery of some of our recent activities.
We continue to work closely with Min. Eoghan Murphy, Minister of State with Responsibility for International Financial Services, the Department of Finance, IDA and Irish Funds under the IFS Ireland banner to promote Ireland as a location for financial services.
We look forward to keeping in touch and would be happy to receive your feedback.
With best wishes,
CEO, Cork Chamber
READ MORE +