Joining the Dots
Promoting Economic Opportunity Between the UK and South West Ireland
When: Monday, 26th November
Where: River Lee Hotel, Cork
Time: 10.00am - 2.00pm
Cork Chamber and the British Embassy in Ireland invite you to join the launch of their collaborative report: ‘Joining the Dots - Promoting Economic Opportunity between the UK and South West Ireland’. The launch will bring together government, business and academic stakeholders from across South West Ireland and the UK, and will feature a keynote address by An Tánaiste, Simon Coveney.
The event will provide an excellent opportunity to share knowledge on some of the joint activities currently being undertaken between the UK and Ireland and also an opportunity to network with UK and Irish stakeholders committed to driving economic development.
Two high-level panel discussions will address the topics of ‘Collaboration and Joint Initiatives’ and ‘The Role of Regions in UK and Irish Industrial Strategies’.
- Dr. Paul Galvin, Head of ICT for Health Strategic Programmes, Tyndall National Institute, UCC (partners in the Celtic Advanced Life Science Innovation Network – CALIN)
- Giles Derrington, Head of Policy: Brexit, International and Economics, TechUK
- Henry Booth, Senior Policy Adviser, EU Exit Programme, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, (BEIS)
- Gary Woodman, Chief Executive, Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, Midlands Engine UK
- Shaun Mason, Operations Director, Mace (International Consultancy and Construction Company)
- Neil Salter, Director, Wake Smith Solicitors / Founder Member, Sheffield Property Association